Designed for the elected, volunteered or appointed persons to represent their colleagues in matters of Health & Safety, assisting in the consultation and communication of effective safe working practices and implementation of the safety management plan. This training is aimed to raise awareness of health and safety issues and to equip delegates to contribute positively on Safety Committees and to enable them to act effectively in their capacity as safety representatives, as per the Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996.
The qualification covers the following topics:
• Understand the legal framework of safety, health and welfare at work legislation
• Identify potential hazards and assess the risk associated
• Assist in compiling a safety statement
• Understand the functions and role of the safety representative within the organisation
• Help prevent accidents at work
• Recognise basic safety audit and/or accident investigation technique
This course is CITB approved and each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion.
Length: 1/2 Day
Dates available on request