This half day training course provides the core knowledge required by any user of safety harnesses, lanyards, anchor points and their associated products. The course covers the current legal obligations regarding the use of fall protection equipment, causes and resultant effects of a fall, standards and how they affect the equipment selection, storage, care and maintenance.
To enable a delegate to identify the intended use of common items of fall protection equipment, requirements for pre use inspection and correct fitting and adjustment of a full body harness.
Who will benefit?
All those in your organisation involved in the use of fall protection equipment for working at height.
• Mechanics of a fall
• Selection of fall protection equipment (includes common hazards associated with different equipment types) - includes practical exercise
• Pre-use inspection - includes practical exercise
• Anchor points and devices
• Donning a harness - includes practical exercise
• Storage, care and maintenance
• Rescue requirements and options
This course is CITB approved and each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion.
Length: 1/2 Day
Dates available on request