To give delegates the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure their own safety when erecting, using, moving and dismantling Mobile and Static Aluminium Towers, in addition to the skills and knowledge required when inspecting access towers
Content: At the end of the course, candidates will:
1. Understand the main aims of Health & Safety Legislation (HASWO 1978 NI, Working at Heights Regulations 2005 NI, PUWER 1999 NI).
2. Understand the through the trap method of erecting a tower.
3. Understand the advanced guardrail method of erecting a tower.
4. Understand and identify typical components.
5. Understand the importance of stability.
6. Understand the hazards associated with erecting and dismantling access towers, and the consequences of misuse, and how to use the ‘Erection Guide’.
7. Carry out risk assessments on erecting, using, moving and dismantling Mobile and Static Aluminium Access Towers.
8. Understand the need to inspect prior to use, and the safe use of Aluminium Scaffold Access Equipment.
9. Carry out an inspection and complete the appropriate report.
Client is required to provide suitable equipment and their own PPE
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to registered companies.
Delegates who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate, valid for 3 years.
Length: 1/2 Day
Dates available on request