Manual handling training is suitable for a wide range of people from Industrial staff to Managerial staff. The aim is to give course delegates an understanding of the “Manual Handling Regulations 1992” and to demonstrate to them how to move materials and equipment in a safe manner with minimum effort.
• Understanding Manual Handling with examples
• Understanding of how Manual Handling can cause injury
• The principals for controlling Manual Handling risks and application in a practical context
• A general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a Manual Handling Assessment
• Understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
• Legislative Requirement
• Types of lifting techniques
• Types of injuries associated with handling techniques
• Demonstration of proper manual handling techniques
• Guided candidate practice of techniques
• Mechanical Lifting
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to registered companies.
Delegates who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate, valid for 3 years.
Length: 1 Day - Dates available on request