Qualification overview and objective
The Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching, unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
• Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
• Individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace and prepare learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level. The qualification is supported by the Education and Training Foundation.
• your role, responsibilities and boundaries
• your role in relation to training
• appropriate training and learning approaches within a specialist area
• session planning skills
• how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
• the use of different assessment methods
• the need for accurate record keeping.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This qualification has a minimum of 48 guided learning hours and a maximum of 61 guided learning hours depending on which optional units are chosen.
How is the qualification assessed?
Through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the learner has met the required assessment criteria. Learners will be expected to apply and show evidence of both theoretical and practical knowledge in their portfolio.
Learners successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications, such as: • HABC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)
Qualification Number: 601/1636/5
Credit value: 12
Length: 5 Days
Starts: Fri 26 Jan 2018
2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd February 2018
Starts: Fri 02 Mar 2018
9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th March 2018
Starts: Fri 01 Jun 2018
8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th June 2018